Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Tutus and Trunks

Tutus and trunks... The words whisper to me, "Remember the magical world of dress up."  Weren't those days wonderful -- days of imagination, dressing up, playing tea time, baking cakes (really mudpies on the front porch on a hot summer day).  When I received this beautiful portrait from Vikki Dinh (of Vikki Dinh Photography) it sparked those memories in my mind to life again... I fell in love with the beautiful child and could smell the salty ocean breeze and the touch of the wind blowing through my hair.  So I went to work with the hopes of adding my own magical touch to this beautiful portrait.  Hope you are having a magical day!

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by. I am following you now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fond remembering photo. Thanks for stopping in to see me at http://Lindalovesblog.blogspot.com.

    I am now following you also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by, I am now following you. This picture is beautiful! I have always wanted to get a picture done in canvas, but never have, maybe one day! I am following you now!
    emily
    www.familyandlifeinlv.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello Kathy, just dropping by to say directly here - "many thanks"! I've read your posts. I LOVE the talent that you reflect in your blog!! I'd be looking forward to read on. Have a wonderful day too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous picture. I truly love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! I am blessed with working with some very talented photographers as well! Vikki takes some amazing pictures. It's really fun to embellish something really gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete